Giving off that natural warmth and classic feel is what makes timber a popular choice. It complements the colour schemes of nature. So, if you want to build a deck on your residential or commercial property in Portsmouth, you can never go wrong with timber.
This deck board can be classified into two more – the softwood and the hardwood. Here at Portsmouth Decking Co, you can always be sure with your choices. This is because we can handle both wood materials. So, choosing either softwood or hardwood can never go wrong, because our deck installers have undergone training to create the best design and to better your layout.
For you to expand your selection, below are some points about these two great decking boards:
Softwood Deck Boards
Softwood is an ideal option for deck building if you are looking for a material that can be easily handled and installed. Softwood is also ranged at a cheap price point which makes it great. To sum it up, this material, even though it is relatively cheaper than other materials, doesn’t sacrifice the quality and functionality of the output.
Luckily, our expert deck builders are skilled and experienced Anouilh to make sure that all your project needs and requirements are followed and complied to. Our company also offers the treatment of softwood. This is to make sure that your deck boards will last for 15 years or more.
Here some things that you might want to keep in mind before choosing softwood:
- It is a sustainable option and makes up for an easy solution.
- It is priced lower, making it friendlier to the budget and to your pockets.
- It is light in terms of weight, allowing the handling and installing part an easy job.
- It is highly resistant to outdoor elements when treated right.
- It works perfectly well with additions such as slip-resistant inserts or Q-Grip Strips.
- It comes in a variety of colours, and textures, which makes it a versatile option.
Hardwood Deck Boards
Hardwood is produced slower than other materials, because the trees that it comes from also take time to grow. As a consequence, its core is really hard and its exterior served as a great protection against slips, cracks and mould.
When it comes to the design application, hardwood affords a natural and classic look to any outdoor deck project. Plus, even if it ages, hardwood never gets worn out. Simply put, it only gets better over time.
You can never go wrong with hardwood. Although this material can be difficult to install and process, it is always the best when it comes to durability. Here at Portsmouth Decking Co, our professional deck builders can always nail your specifications, and they are great at installing all types of deck materials.
The following are some points to think about before choosing hardwood:
- It delivers high durability, withstanding all outdoor elements and heavy traffic.
- It comes in so many styles and colours such as Garapa, Balau, and Ipe wood, making it an easily adaptable material to any design.
- It requires a deep or thorough clean as maintenance.
- It can stand against cracks, splits and discolouration.
Here at Portsmouth Decking Co, we have a team that is always ready to give you a hand in completing your decking project without any trouble. Our specialists are looking forward to building your project with us, and all you need to do is give them a call or email.