Composite decking is sometimes known as a wood-alternative decking board. This is mainly because such material copies the texture and appearance of timber, when in fact, it actually doesn’t incorporate wood as the main material. If you want to achieve a modern and sophisticated outdoor deck, then this is the best option for you.
Composite deck boards combine recycled plastics and wood fibres to have a durable, yet sustainable material.
This material is really great for those who have little to no time to do a run-around clean up in their property. Because its surface is strong enough to withstand any outdoor element, it can last for a pretty long time without maintenance. A simple mixture of water and soap can do the trick. The following are more facts about composite decking board worth remembering:
- It is the best option for people with kids and pets, especially when the kids or pets often wander outside.
- It is a great option for complex design as it has different colours.
- It can compete well against hardwood in terms of durability and longevity.
- It is lightweight, making it easy to handle, clean and maintain.
- It has a strong exterior, making it less likely to be damaged.
- It comes in two other variations:
- Capped Composite Decking – this board houses a mix of recycled materials that contain organic wood fillers.
- Capped Polymer Decking – this board houses a mix of recycled plastics without using organic fillers.
For composition decks, we offer a plethora of selection for designs. When you get our services for your deck installation, you don’t have to go through all the troubles of selecting the best materials, because we can do it for you.